CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hello all-

I wanted to thank each of you for coming to the Parent/Teacher Conference and for being so supportive of your children!  It was so nice to meet with each of you and to celebrate together the successes that your child has already had in First Grade!  As I've said before, this is such a remarkable group of children and after meeting with their parents, I can see why!  I feel very fortunate to be their teacher!


Tidbits:

  • This Friday, 11/4 is FHE's first annual "Gallery Walk."  The celebration is from 6:00-7:30 PM.  That is when your child's last name acrostic will be displayed.  (Thank you so much for helping your child fill their acrostic out. Each of them turned out so well!)
  • Because I was testing for several weeks before our Parent/Teacher Conferences, I was not able to do as much Guided Reading as I typically do.  I'm sure you noticed that your child's Guided Reading book bag was not coming home often.  Now that we're back in our regular schedule, your child should be bringing his/her book bag home every day.  Please let me know if this isn't happening.  Also, please make sure your child brings their Guided Reading book bag back to school ever day!  It is vital for their reading success that they are reading books at the "just right level" every day.
  • Make sure that you call the "attendance line" if your child is not attending school for any reason.  It's fine to send me an email letting me know- but most importantly, you need to call the attendance line so the secretaries don't have to call your home to see why your child isn't at school.
  • On November 10th, FHE is celebrating Veteran's Day by having a parade and several guest speakers.  Please have your child wear red, white and blue that day.
  • Friday, 11/11 is our field trip to the Arvada Center.  A reminder letter will be coming home shortly telling you of the details.
  • On Monday, 11/14- I will be gone all day at a training.
  • Our Fall/Winter class party is on Monday, 11/21.  Feel free to join us and younger siblings are also welcome!  The party will be in our classroom from1:00-1:00

0 comments:

Post a Comment